Monday, September 12, 2011

The Blog. Okay, I have decided to give this "blogging" business a try.  Along our travels this summer, I worked on coming up with a clever title or name for the blog....call it a (non)writer's block because all I could come up with was "Seven Spuds a Strollin".  I admit that I played with the names the "Seven Stupids" and the "Traveling Nobodies", but eventually decided on the potato theme.  So, this is the start of our South American journey (as I have just counted 21 days left until departure on the calendar)....YIKES!!!  I must admit that, even though I have had a lot of time to prepare for the trip, I am feeling a bit "excited".  The unknown.

What I do know. We are flying out of Washington, DC on October 4th and arriving in Montevideo, Uruguay the morning of the 5th. We have two stops in El Salvador and Peru.  From Montevideo, we may be getting a ride from a friend of Marc's to Treinta y Tres (I may just write "33" from now on- its much shorter). He has generously offered to pick us up with all of our luggage and take us to 33 (two hours away).  He also is the one who found our rental house and worked out a lot of the details. Raul has no idea how much he has put my mind at ease. I am already very grateful for a friend I have never met.

The rental. The rental house is a small three bedroom home in the downtown area just a couple blocks away from the city park. Wait that sounds kind of familiar?????  Funny how that worked out. Rosie was happy to see (on Google Earth) that is only two blocks from a hot dog restaurant (? that doesn't sound right, but it is a store selling hot dogs rather than a typical hot dog stand) It is hard to say much else about the rental house, as I have only seen a few photos in an email from Raul, but it looks like it will work. The house is furnished (which is nice) and I am hoping we will be able to find everything else we need in the local stores. Well, already I have been a bit "wordy", I will sign off for now. I will post as I go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you! Don't be surprised to see 4 more "Spuds" on your doorstep during Springbreak :-)

    ReplyDelete